Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

13 and library handling question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I just picked a little bit out of comment Fabrizio made in another thread regarding 13 and the way it handles libraries! I was just wondering if anyone involved in Beta testing or anyone using it already can tell me if this is going to cause any dramas?
Even if it is as minute as reselecting the library path at load up!
33 REPLIES 33
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This should be easy to do:
1. Upload the MEP Library to the BIM Server.
2. Add it in the Library Manager as a BIM Server Library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
laszlonagy wrote:
This should be easy to do:
1. Upload the MEP Library to the BIM Server.
2. Add it in the Library Manager as a BIM Server Library.
Exactly. We ran this way during the beta; quick and easy; works fine.

Steve, the ONLY way to get a library into a TW file is by uploading it to the BS and then adding it to the TW project with Lib Mgr. You can not add a link to a library as you can with a PLN. The embedded library should only be used for project-specific parts.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
It does not work fine! Of course I have uploaded the library to the server. I tried everything I can think of and have found no way to use the MEP modeler on a TW2 project.

I have made sure the MEP library is loaded and working fine in the project before I Share it. Still I can not use the MEP modeler when I open the project up as a Team Work project.
Can anyone else use their MEP modeler in a TW2 project?

I have signed into an other TW project that has the same problem.

It ain't work'n fine.

Shot at 2009-10-14

Shot at 2009-10-14

I have used Reload Project from Server, tried all sorts of Reserve and Release things, Refresh, Reload, etc...

It is probably operator error of some kind but I sure don't know what it is.
The exact same library for the same file location works fine as long as it is not a TW2 project.

Is there some sort of BIM Server setting that I do not have right?

The furstrating thing about installation and configuraton of TW2 is testing it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
It is probably operator error of some kind but I sure don't know what it is.
I think it must be, but not sure what it would be? Everybody during beta - and still Erika and I that I know of now, have no problem with MEP and TW2.

I'm not sure what the LCF is that you have loaded, because the name of the LCF for MEP is simply "MEP library 13.lcf" as seen in the attached screenshot. Where did the name for your lcf come from ("MEP 13 Library Container File.lcf")? Did you just rename it, or did you modify it somehow?

As seen in the screenshot, I loaded both the folder that contains the LCF as well as a version file, and then loaded just the lcf to try to reproduce your problem. I thought that perhaps the version info file that is in the MEP Library 13 folder might be checked somehow by the add-on and that might be your problem. But, not so - when I loaded only the lcf, I routed without errors.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yup, no problem here. MEP works fine.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve, on your third screenshot I am not seeing the MEP Library set among BIM Server Libraries.
First, you have to upload the MEP Library to the Server. That is one thing.
But then you have to go to the Library Manager and add that uploaded library to your project.

There is a tricky thing. When you share a Project, ArchiCAD can automatically upload the linked library of that project to the BIM Server and load it as a BIM Server Library. But when adding libraries later you need to do it this way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
laszlonagy wrote:
Steve, on your third screenshot I am not seeing the MEP Library set among BIM Server Libraries.
First, you have to upload the MEP Library to the Server. That is one thing.
But then you have to go to the Library Manager and add that uploaded library to your project.

There is a tricky thing. When you share a Project, ArchiCAD can automatically upload the linked library of that project to the BIM Server and load it as a BIM Server Library. But when adding libraries later you need to do it this way.
The second screen shows the Warning I get when I click Start Routing.
When I click then on Show Library Manager, the third screen is what I see.
It shows that the MEP Library is not loaded. Then if I click on Add the screen I posted up a few comments opens. I don’t see any library files to add. When I click the Files of Type box, the library files do not show up. It appears that the file types available through this dialog are not even library files. That seems to be why I can’t load it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erika wrote:
Yup, no problem here. MEP works fine.
I guess it must be someting wrong on my end.
It does not work in the file you sent me. It did not work for Karl either at time because the prior cashed copy of the library was still in his TWData folder or someting. Shall I post some screen shots of that?

I don't know what that means "cashed copy of the library still in TWData folder" Could I be having the same problem? How do I fix it?

Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
It did not work for Karl either at time because the prior cashed copy of the library was still in his TWData folder or someting. Shall I post some screen shots of that?
Not sure what you're talking about here? I've never had a problem with TW2 and the MEP library.

Steve, the problem that I believe you are having (not sure since I cannot look over your shoulder) is that you are not browsing for a Server Library, but rather are browsing for embedded library parts. You are probably clicking the "Add" button in Library Manager, but that is not where you add server libraries.

There is a triangle for a fly-out menu to the right of the Add button. It will ONLY offer the option to browse to server libraries if you have clicked the Reserve button on the Lib Mgr dialog and get the green light. Then, browse to your server - using your global name, not your local IP address or computer name - and add the MEP library. If it has been properly uploaded - which does not seem to be the case anyway since your MEP library in your screenshot does not have the proper name (see my last message).

Cheers,
Karl

Does this ring a bell?

As you can see from my screen shots I don't have any problem uploading loading the libraries to the BIM Server.

The problem is that the library is not loaded into the project, which is why I can't use the MEP Modeler with a TW project.

The other library uploads to the project just fine.