BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

constant redraw while hovering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 13 running on a MacBook Pro & OSX 10.6

When hovering the mouse over the objects (walls, windows, doors), the computer starts constantly redrawing the screen several times a second. This makes it quite difficult to make selections because the screen redraws just as object edges highlight but before you can click on them. If you zoom way in, you can see that the problem occurs while the cursor is over the lines indicating the wall layers but NOT if over the core of the wall. Likewise, it happens with the cursor over the outline of a door or window but not while over the door/window frame.

This problem also manifests while zooming with the mouse wheel - if the cursor is over an empty area, everything works normally, but if it is over an object (or an object appears under it while zooming) it begins redrawing faster than the zoom and begins "snapping back", i.e. zooming in one increment but then redrawing back at the previous zoom level, once for each wheel increment.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is caused by one of these settings but I know it worked when I tried them all. In the top toolbar first turn the Quick Lines, Special Snap Point and Tracker OFF and then turn them all ON again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow, that worked! my next step was to delete the workspace and start over from the defaults, sounds like that would have worked but this was much easier.

is there an easy way to report this to the GS people as a bug or is just posting here sufficient?

thanks.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!