Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

composite not displaying skin separator lines in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
in archicad 11 i have a timber frame composite wall, on section it will not show the skin separator lines.

all of my other composites on this model, are displaying perfectly.

i've tried everything, i have tried it ticking and unticking "apply structures settings in Cut Surfaces and no matter what, it wont display.

i even tried duplicating a composite which displayed correctly, changed the skins to be as per the timber frame i want, and then went in the section and it still will not display the skin separator lines???

i only have 3 walls in the model using this timber frame composite. all are on storey 1 (first floor)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Percy,

Firstly, check you haven't got several identical walls in the same place on plan.

If this is OK, try moving the section line on plan a certain distance, rebuild the section, then move the section line back again to the correct place, and rebuild the section again.

This problem seems to happen to me occasionally also, (usually just as I'm trying to get a set of drawings out!!) but I've no idea what causes it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for that, i've tried but with no success?
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about a screenshot of what is happening?

You should also try forwarding the file to your resellers and see if they can help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
heres screenshots, you can see the wall displays the skin separators on plan, but not on section (it is the upper wall on the section with a window in it)
section.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
heres the plan
plan.JPG
Chris Grantham
Advocate
You may have "core only" selected in your partial structure display options... Open your "quick options" palette and check that.

-C
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no problems with my walls. Here's an example.
WALL Skins_Sample 1.jpg
Nick Schat
Participant
Percy,

If your plan is showing correctly? then I suspect you have the same fills adjacent to each other in your composite wall. (your example looks like an empty fill) Archicad will automatically join these in sections. Just change fill types between adjacent skins. If you don't want a fill pattern then save an empty fill with another attribute.
HTH.
Nick

ArchiCAD 4.1–22, Mac OS 10.14.x iMac 27" 3,2Ghz Intel-Core i5
Barry Kelly
Nick wrote:
Percy,

If your plan is showing correctly? then I suspect you have the same fills adjacent to each other in your composite wall. (your example looks like an empty fill) Archicad will automatically join these in sections. Just change fill types between adjacent skins. If you don't want a fill pattern then save an empty fill with another attribute.
HTH.
If it is correct in plan then it should be correct in elevation as well.
I would be guessing that Percy is using the view map to change between plan and section.
The Model view Settings must be different in both.
The "Show skins separator lines" might be turned off in the section.
Or maybe I have misunderstood what is happening.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11