BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

composite not displaying skin separator lines in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
in archicad 11 i have a timber frame composite wall, on section it will not show the skin separator lines.

all of my other composites on this model, are displaying perfectly.

i've tried everything, i have tried it ticking and unticking "apply structures settings in Cut Surfaces and no matter what, it wont display.

i even tried duplicating a composite which displayed correctly, changed the skins to be as per the timber frame i want, and then went in the section and it still will not display the skin separator lines???

i only have 3 walls in the model using this timber frame composite. all are on storey 1 (first floor)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
the composite shows perfectly in plan, but not in section.

all my other wall, roof and floor composites show perfectly in plan AND section, this timber frame composite is the only one i have a problem with.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nick wrote:
Percy,

If your plan is showing correctly? then I suspect you have the same fills adjacent to each other in your composite wall. (your example looks like an empty fill) Archicad will automatically join these in sections. Just change fill types between adjacent skins. If you don't want a fill pattern then save an empty fill with another attribute.
HTH.
problem now sorted, this was the problem, thanks alot!
Learn and get certified!