Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

13 and library handling question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I just picked a little bit out of comment Fabrizio made in another thread regarding 13 and the way it handles libraries! I was just wondering if anyone involved in Beta testing or anyone using it already can tell me if this is going to cause any dramas?
Even if it is as minute as reselecting the library path at load up!
33 REPLIES 33
Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
Does this ring a bell?
You completely misunderstood that comment. That was a GOOD thing, not a problem!

The deal is that if you download a server library once, for any project, it will NEVER download it again for that or any other project that you join or re-join from the same server.... unless the server version has been modified since your last download (into your library cache). That was what we were happy about the day that that experiment was going on.
As you can see from my screen shots I don't have any problem uploading loading the libraries to the BIM Server.

The problem is that the library is not loaded into the project, which is why I can't use the MEP Modeler with a TW project.

The other library uploads to the project just fine.
Steve, your screenshots and results show that you DO have problems ... you seem to be more concerned with arguing that you are doing things correctly than in looking with fresh eyes - and re-reading the comments here and in another thread that discusses in detail library loading issues - to find out what you have done wrong.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
What is the correct way to load the MEP Library into a TW project?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve,
I have an idea of what the problem might be.
There is another tricky thing which is that BIM Server Libraries have to be Reserved by you for the Add Teamwork Libraries option to appear at all.
From you screenshot I see that the BIM Server Libraries category is reserved by you.
Now, click the right-pointing arrow button to the right of the long Add button, and choose User BIM Server Library.
In the appearing Dialog, choose your User Name and BIm Server and from the list that appears you should be able to select the MEP Library that is now on your BIM Server. Click the Add button in that Dialog.
When you return to the Library Manager, the MEP Library should now be on the list. If you notice it is with a different icon which shows that it is not loaded yet.
Click the Done button and it should load now the MEP Library as well.

In the attached screenshot I am loading an additional BIM Server Library. It shows the process well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
YES. Thanks. That was it. I got it loaded
I did not know about the little fly-out button next to the Add tab in the Library Manager.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25