BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What, no elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been drafting a building in floor plan and 3d views with some success. However switch to any of the elevation views and the building is gone there is nothing there! Just a square!

This must be something simple, but I am stuck as to why. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
If you are opening the elevation viewpoint (or right-clicking the marker and opening -same thing), then either the marker is not including your building in its range: either the marker is facing away from the structure, or you have the vertical height limits or horizontal depth limits of the marker set in such as way that they do not include your building.

If you're opening the elevation from a view in Navigator (assuming then that you either created the view, or are using a template with pre-defined views), then it could still be the issue above, or the view's saved layer combination might not include the layers onto which you modeled your building.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou, problem sorted!

Now for the next one...

I am trying to line up the roof elements in the image. Is there a way of simply dragging or moving individual points through the vertical plane without affecting the entire element?
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Richard,

Roofs are another story ... please do not mix multiple topics in the same thread. Start a new topic for each new topic...

But since you asked... roof assembly requires a number of working methods. I encourage you to work through all of the options in the user guide and any tutorials you might have. The method for joining roofs is not intuitive - you need to read the steps. But, no, you cannot just move points vertically. You can change the angle of the roof relative to its pivot line, and you can also create the roof plane in the 3D window from 3 points so that it will join other elements.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!