Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FILLS IN SECTION STOPPED COVERING - NOW TRANSPARENT? PLSHELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for any help...i am in AC12 just installed most recent hotfix (2675) in hopes it would fix my problem and it did not.

I hope i am posting in the correct place...

I have multiple sections and the fills, both 2d and object associated fills, walls, etc. have stopped covering...they are now all transparent. some of the sections show perfectly normal with all of the fills working both drafting (used for covering) and the wall fills associated with the walls, slab, etc. The problem in lies with these sections that seemed to have all of a sudden began to function without regards to fill opaqueness...as if i turned something off (or on?).

BOTTOM LINE IS I CANNOT USE A FILL TO COVER AT ALL IN SECTION ANYMORE???

Additionally...Now, when i ad a 2d drafting fill to cover in section it is always transparent...never opaque...and
Yet...when i go to my other section (with the EXACT same settings...as far as I know) it works as it should covering the items in any presentation order I choose bringing it to front or moving it to back. Plan views also work...

I have looked all over the forum and have found nothing that seems to address this. I am fairly new to this feature of using fills to cover and am hopeful it is user error and not a glitch.

any direction and/or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Scott
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just cam e accross this post and will see if it is a solution...seems very random...however, my problem is very random

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=152030#152030
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott
Could it be you don't have the affected fills selected to be cut fills?
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your Trace & Reference on with the option Transparant fills and zones?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Scott:

You should take a look at the Model View Options that are assigned to each View. The Model View Options have options for controlling the Fill display.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you ALL for the attention to my post...I am sorry for the delay in response...I will try to apply the suggestions as soon as I can get back to my office.

I will post my results and also update my signatiure as suggested...

thanks again for any help here...I hope it is as simple as the "trace" situation.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
"You should take a look at the Model View Options that are assigned to each View. The Model View Options have options for controlling the Fill display. "

Thanks David...I actually have the exact same settings for all of the sections including model view, layers, pen set, etc. still only some show fills correctly...?
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec wrote..."Could it be you don't have the affected fills selected to be cut fills? "

Lec, I am not quite sure if I understand what the "cut" fill is referenceing to...forgive my lack of terminology...but i can tell you that the fills were working just fine then one day i opened the file and the fills on one section went completely into transparaent...so after trying everything i know to solve the problem, i resorted to simply using the section that worked and moving it to the correct spot....this worked great until the other day and all of a sudden THAT section now only displayed as transparent??? like i hit a magic button...

MAster Script wrote..."Is your Trace & Reference on with the option Transparant fills and zones?"

i am hopeful that this may be the problem and somehow i have my model view set with this feature and i somehow turned it on without knowing?? I will not know for sure until i can check it out...

any other suggestions are appreciated
Scott
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Scott:

One test would be to copy a fill that is working in the good section, switch to a bad section via the Project Map (so the View Settings are not changed) and paste the fill. If the fill changes from opaque to transparent, then I think there is a bug in the file, and you should contact your reseller so Graphisoft can take a look at the file. You could try creating a copy of the section that is working, then changing that section's orientation to match the bad section and see if that fixes the problem. You can also try a Forward Merge, but this will only copy the model into the new fie, all 2D elements would have to be copied into the new file after the merge.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
OOppss
Scott
Sorry about that;
I meant the opposite of what I posted.
Maybe I'm more confused than you:-))
However David and Master Script are much more knowledgeable than I with
AC, so maybe their suggestions are more in line with what is going on.
lec