BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Running AC8 on Panther

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently I updated my mac from OS 10.2.8 to OS 10.3.5. When I went to start running AC 8 I got a pop up on the screen: "No WIBU-KEY driver found. (501)" When you click o.k. it bumps me out of starting up Archi-CAD... Can anyone help? HELP! HELP! Big deadline due!

:) Everest
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try reinstalling the WIBU driver.

Insert the AC install disk, choose custom install, it will default to only selecting the system components (WIBU driver).

If this doesn't work try reinstalling ArchiCAD.

I suppose there is a remote chance that trashing the AC prefs would do it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem after installing 13 tried to open a project in 9 and had the same message.

I am only p..o.. but not surprised is typical dilettante GS job , we are used to it .

MAC 10.5.8
Intel core duo MAC book pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew, I took your advise and :

Trashed preferences for AC9 - NO HELP
Reinstalled WIBU-KEY - NO HELP (key was grayed out)
Reinstalled Archicad - NO HELP

I need a revision on a AC9 project for monday morning - Do you have any other suggestions?
Karl Ottenstein
You need to download and install WkMAC.lib as described here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html

Your post indicates that you are still on Leopard, and that page indicates that the WkMAC.lib is for Snow Leopard, but I believe that it is required even with Leopard with the current version of the WIBU driver that supports 13.

That should take care of things for you. 🙂

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

Thank you for the help but it does not work because 10.5.8 does not have a CFMSupport folder

"WkMAC.LIB for ArchiCAD 9 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Unarchive this file and put into the Library:CFMSupport folder on your HD. This component is neccessary for those using ArchiCAD 9 on Snow Leopard."
Karl Ottenstein
Adalbert wrote:
Thank you for the help but it does not work because 10.5.8 does not have a CFMSupport folder
Hi Albert,

I just checked my 10.5.8 clone (backed up in case I had problems with SL), and I have that folder. It is not in your personal Library, but on the root of your boot disk: HD > Library > CFMSupport

Alternatively, I found this on the WIBU web site:
WkMAC.LIB - Stub Shared Library, which is included by a CFM-Carbon compiled application to call the WIBU-KEY API routines. This file can be stored in the same directory as the protected aplication or (the recommended case) in the directory /System/Library/CFMSupport. Make sure that the WkMAC.LIB will be copied with its whole Resource Fork to this directory. (This will not be done by the comandline coman cp!!) To copy something in the /System/Library/CFMSupport directory you need root rights!
So, perhaps you can copy the WkMAC.LIB into the AC 9 application folder to get it to work?

Or, maybe you have a HD > System > Library > CFMSupport folder?

HTH,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Duh. I just read the GS WIBU page again:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html

The WkMAC.LIB there is for the 5.3 driver for Snow Leopard. They say that the 5.20b driver is for Leopard.

I wonder if the 13 installation put the 5.3 driver on your system and maybe you just need to uninstall that, and then download the 5.20b driver and install it?

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl. Good News you saved my day!!!!

Used the uninstaller from the 13 CD and then installed the downloaded 5.20b driver and all works perfectly.
Learn and get certified!