BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC13 : wibu key

Anonymous
Not applicable
With AC13 installation I've found older versions 7, 8.1 and 9 no longer working (demo mode). AC10 PPC version is not affected.
Should I re-install the wibu software from the AC12 cd or wait for an updated wibu driver?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
I can confirm that I cannot run AC 9 with the new, Snow Leopard compatible WIBU driver (5.3) - only AC 10 through 13. So, same thing you see - which does not agree with the information posted here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html

I do not know if this is only a Mac / Snow Leopard issue - have not installed on my PC. Anybody running 13 on Windows able to launch 9 or earlier?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Karl and Joeri,
AC9 runs fine here on my MBP 17" Unibody with the specific SL driver. One thing you have to do is add the WkMAC.LIB as instructed on the download page. AC9 will not run without it.
And as a bonus, MaxonForm runs fine too 😉

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both. The WkMAC.LIB file works. Anyhow, I'm not on Snow Leopard yet
Karl Ottenstein
François wrote:
One thing you have to do is add the WkMAC.LIB as instructed on the download page. AC9 will not run without it.
And as a bonus, MaxonForm runs fine too 😉

Thanks, François. Feel slightly the idiot since I posted the link to the page but did not read the new entry for that WkMAC.LIB. Yes, AC 9 now runs for me. 😉

AC 7 will not run (the downloaded dmg from GS that they posted for doing version conversion) "Application Launch Failure: The application "ArchiCAD" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<ArchiCAD 7.0 v3 FULL><ArchiCAD Resources 1 for 7.0 v3><><>".

Looks like AC 9 is good enough to read the oldest files I have - can read back to 5.0:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%20versions?highlight=%28versions%29

Thanks,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
AC 7 will not run
The original AC7 v3 does work except of some add-on missing warning...
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
AC 7 will not run (the downloaded dmg from GS that they posted for doing version conversion) "Application Launch Failure: The application "ArchiCAD" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<ArchiCAD 7.0 v3 FULL><ArchiCAD Resources 1 for 7.0 v3><><>".
I resolved this issue. AC 9 ran fine just opening the downloaded dmg. So, I just assumed that AC 7 would be the same. But, not so. If I copy the dmg contents to the Applications folder, then AC 7 runs fine.

Cheers,
Karl
Learn and get certified!