Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Autodesk SketchBook Mobile in the iPhone

Eduardo Rolon
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

14 REPLIES 14
Thomas Holm
Booster
metanoia wrote:
I'm beginning to think that mobile devices like the iPhone have some utility on site as a field review / markup device.
They sure have. (I've just purchased my first iPhone, a 3Gs, and I'm amazed) And I think the much-rumored upcoming Mac tablet device will become even more useful in this context. And it wouldn't surprise me if it will in some way merge the current MacOSX and the current iPhone OSX into something that will point in new directions. Cocoa-proficient developers will have an advantage there as well. We ain't seen nothing yet!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
metanoia wrote:
I have absolutely no idea about this -- but I note that if Autodesk was planning to port Revit to OS X, they wouldn't have stripped out OpenGL support and gone to Direct X. We've taken that to mean that we're not going to see Revit on OS X any time soon...
Hi Wes

I don't think I mentioned Revit?

Whatever, I seem to recall there are other cross-platform developers that support DirectX on the PC and OpenGL on the Mac, so that doesn't have to be a problem. The OSX platform has a certain momentum at the moment, so it would really surprise me if Autodesk didn't keep their eyes open. But I'm just trying to keep Nemetschek AG and GS on their toes, you know
I think the OpenGL/DirectX issue is not the big one .. rather hasn't Autodesk heavily used Windows-only frameworks like .NET? I get the impression that Revit is so heavily reliant on these sort of things that an OSX version would be a totally new program?

I would love to have it available on the Mac though 😉
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how heavily Revit relies on .NET -- but I'm sure Windows tentacles are in it quite extensively. The API tools are .NET-driven so I'm sure you're right.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Revit 201? osx? It would be dangerus for Graphosoft. But as someone said competition is always good. I'd love to see more progress from graphisoft side.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ian wrote:
The guys currently working on it are top-notch -- as you can see from their work with SketchBook mobile.
i agree they've done a fantastic job!