Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FILLS IN SECTION STOPPED COVERING - NOW TRANSPARENT? PLSHELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for any help...i am in AC12 just installed most recent hotfix (2675) in hopes it would fix my problem and it did not.

I hope i am posting in the correct place...

I have multiple sections and the fills, both 2d and object associated fills, walls, etc. have stopped covering...they are now all transparent. some of the sections show perfectly normal with all of the fills working both drafting (used for covering) and the wall fills associated with the walls, slab, etc. The problem in lies with these sections that seemed to have all of a sudden began to function without regards to fill opaqueness...as if i turned something off (or on?).

BOTTOM LINE IS I CANNOT USE A FILL TO COVER AT ALL IN SECTION ANYMORE???

Additionally...Now, when i ad a 2d drafting fill to cover in section it is always transparent...never opaque...and
Yet...when i go to my other section (with the EXACT same settings...as far as I know) it works as it should covering the items in any presentation order I choose bringing it to front or moving it to back. Plan views also work...

I have looked all over the forum and have found nothing that seems to address this. I am fairly new to this feature of using fills to cover and am hopeful it is user error and not a glitch.

any direction and/or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Scott
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thank you all for your input...

MAster Script wrote..."Is your Trace & Reference on with the option Transparant fills and zones?"

Thank you MAster Script...this was the problem. I had not realized trace was set and recorded on in the view map individually just like layers, pen sets, fill display, etc...trace was set to transparent on some sections and off on others.

It seemed like this problem occured "as if I pressed a button" because I probably did turn trace on without any knowledge it would cause this affect....

I greatly appreciate all of your input and help and I hope this helps someone else in the future.

I have found that 99 times out of 100 it is bonehead user error... it seems i am absolutley having the age old problem of teaching an old dog new tricks with all of the upgrades to AC12 from when i started in 1994. I was really into V8 and then made the jump to 12 after taking a journey into many other 3D apps to strengthen the presentation branch of our office...I guess this is my informal excuse

thanks again to ALL for the help and efforts!

Scott