Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork. I can reserve layers by clicking on the reserve button below, and I understand that reserves all the layers, but the Update button under layer combinations is grayed out no matter what I do.

Help?!?!
16 REPLIES 16
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I smell a new wish then. I too would love this to be dynamic and real-time just as reservations are.
Anyone care to make it?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am, too, having this issue as well as not understanding how to reserve a layer combination.

I have changed all our draftsman's abilities to change everything in the model, and I signed in as Lead Architect myself and I Still do not see how to update a layer combination.

Nor do I see how to reserve a layer combination.l
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jess,

If you've changed your settings, you should be able to just click the "reserve" button in the layer settings. Then you can update/change layer combinations.

Aside from being "Lead Architect" I am also "Project Administrator". Maybe this is what's hanging you up, try changing your settings to that as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And don't forget if you change someone's settings you need to have them leave the project completely and then log back in before anything takes effect.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
IC.

Reserve the layer, than you can change the layer combination.
Perfect, thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Yes, the "Reserve" button is to reserve the layers in general and all the settings, not any specific layer itself.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So to summarize, in general, the Reserve button reserves the Dialog so you can make modifications (if you do not have the right you will not be able to even reserve it).
You can create new Layers and Layer Combinations but to modify existing ones you will definitely have to reserve the Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27