BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you draw this in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to draw this model I have made for a project at University. So far I have only drawn a 3D house in ArchiCAD, but that was made up from walls etc. What I want is a basic frame to show the shape and intersection of my model. Which tools etc, would I use to get it 3D

photo-6.jpg
82 REPLIES 82
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone ? I just basically want to draw the model in 3D...

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is quite a challenge, but it can be done.
1 draw the contour with walls
2 place a roof
3 trim to roof
4 make an object (axonmetric top view, save 3D model as)
5 place the object

6 redo for second element, but add a rotation factor in the top of the 3D script (ROTY 10, or ROTX 10 or ROTY 10, which depends on your object)
7 add this line to the 2D script PROJECT2 3,270,1 for correct 2D view
8 you might want to adjust the position in an elevation
9 and so on . . .

good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
It is quite a challenge, but it can be done.
1 draw the contour with walls
2 place a roof
3 trim to roof
4 make an object (axonmetric top view, save 3D model as)
5 place the object

6 redo for second element, but add a rotation factor in the top of the 3D script (ROTY 10, or ROTX 10 or ROTY 10, which depends on your object)
7 add this line to the 2D script PROJECT2 3,270,1 for correct 2D view
8 you might want to adjust the position in an elevation
9 and so on . . .

good luck!
Great ! What thickness would you use, it's only about 2mm thick so should I just use that ? Did you use the default roof setting, or should I manipulate them from my model, likewise the height of the ' walls' i.e if its 25mm high I would raise the walls 25mm high then put the roof on and trim ?

How would I do the back piece which is just a single curve?

Were suppose to use AutoCAD but I have a Mac and don't want to install windows... Would it be much easier in AutoCAD ?

Thanks very much !

P.S how long did it take you to do that ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just measure up your model and use those sizes.
For the back piece use a complex profile.
You can also use this to get the round edges

Ofcourse it is easier with ArchiCAD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which tool is ' complex profile' from ? Your dialog boxes are quite different from mine ( are you on PC )

How did you do the front piece( first image) so that they overlapped and looked like they would fit in. Do I need to specify each part by the level from next floor option and change that in increments of X ?

I'm very uneducated in CAD and it's up to all of us ( Students) to figure it out by ourselves to a point.... I really appreciate your help
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't want to be rude, but there is a lot of information about complex profiles in the help files of AC. Go to Help/ArchiCAD Help and do a search on Complex profiles. They can explain it better than I can.

For the objects go to this website http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/#gdl

If you still have problems, we will take it from there.
Dwight
Newcomer
If you dislike GDL, a free utility for rotating elements is:

ArchiRotate, from Cigraph.

It converts Archicad objects into objects that can be tilted without any code writing.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight you need to reread the website - it allows you to freely rotate - but it is not free!
30 euros...
Dwight
Newcomer
Sorry. Used to be. i think.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!