Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

imported image file won't print

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a site plan drawing with an image overlay. The image is a large jpg - about 14 mb, 72 dpi at 100% on it's own layer. When I try to print, whether using the print function or publisher, I get the drawn lines, but no image. This is true whether printing directly to my printer or to PDF (which is my goal)

Any idas why this would happen? I read somewhere that large images that were rotated might have this problem but this has not been rotated.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try putting the image on the Archicad layer.
Does it print then?
If still not;
Does a smaller version print ok?

lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply - putting it on the archicad layer didn't help. I did finally crop the photo down to just the section I need to plot at this time, resulting in a 1.5 mb file - that worked.

Still, for plotting other areas or the whole site, I'm not sure what's going wrong, must be related to overall filesize.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here...

Placed a PDF as an "External Drawing" on a worksheet. -not big: <100kb
"Store Drawing in the Project File" is ticked
Works fine as trace reference etc. (if a little slow at regenerating).

BUT it absolutely, positively will not print, which is a massive irritation

UPDATE:

I tweaked the external PDF in Adobe Acrobat (7.1) using the "PDF Optimizer" (scanned image) function. After I upated the link in AC12 it now prints.... go figure