Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wall Depth Variable in Archicad 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The wall depth variable in versions 11 and before is C_. Has this changed in version 12? My custom doors that worked in 11 and before are sticking out from the wall (photo below - The fireplace shown below is actually a "door" object).

Thanks in advance for any useful help.

12Cliche.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Erich
Contributor
Masterscript,

The Old Global Variable C_ should still work. It is listed in the GDL Reference Guide anyway. What happens if you replace it with the new variable WALL_THICKNESS?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will try the new variable and see what happens.

Thanks.
Erich
Contributor
It shouldn't matter. I realized after my first post that I have doors and other objects written both ways that I use in 12. There is an offset parameter. Could that be set to a non-zero value?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed the Reveal Depth (under the Reveal tab) to 0", and it fixed the problem.
Erich
Contributor
That would be the offset I was thinking about. Glad it worked.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the lead. Glad it was an easy fix.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Just a quick comment. From AC12 on, you can set the reveal/sill depth from your parameter script. On top of that, you can control whether the old-school reveal parameters should be available or not. Refer to the '2.2. Door/Window objects' section of Appendix 'Fix named optional parameters' of the Basic Library Documentation. Start browsing from here: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/documentation/LibraryDevKit/

Using this you can force the sill depth of your object to 0 if it is not ready for an actual sill depth.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip.