Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC13 Door swing pens and storefront materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
The pen setting for the door swing in the AC13 D1 door and the ability to change the frame material on the storefront seem to have gone the way of the dodo. Will they ever return? I've tried all the usual workarounds, already. Does anyone have a work-around other than editing the gdl code myself?
8 REPLIES 8
Regarding door swing - You have it in Model View Options as a global setting.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks. I would never have thought to look there. Why on EARTH would they hide it there??? Once again, the Hungarian random event generator strikes...
It is on the new features guide....
Anyway a friend asked me about the same yestarday 😉

Best Regards,
Piotr
cgrimley
Contributor
I was wondering the same thing for the door swing...BTW who ever reads those new features guides? 😉
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
kegroup wrote:
Many thanks. I would never have thought to look there. Why on EARTH would they hide it there??? Once again, the Hungarian random event generator strikes...
It is a new concept called Library-specific Model View Options.
Check the New Features Guide for description.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
cgrimley wrote:
I was wondering the same thing for the door swing...BTW who ever reads those new features guides? 😉

But you guys should.
I think those New Features Guide are made with the intention to help.
And they contain a lot of useful info, including migrating Projects from earlier versions, possible issues etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Kevin Motyka
Participant
With this change in AC 13, what is the global command needed in the GDL script to have the door and window swing lines be controllable?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Kevin wrote:
With this change in AC 13, what is the global command needed in the GDL script to have the door and window swing lines be controllable?
Look into the v13 GDL Manual and look for the LIBRARYGLOBAL command. There are a few extra words about it in the Basic Library Documentation (v13 again) in the 'New GDL Features in ArchiCAD 13' document.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...