Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you draw this in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to draw this model I have made for a project at University. So far I have only drawn a 3D house in ArchiCAD, but that was made up from walls etc. What I want is a basic frame to show the shape and intersection of my model. Which tools etc, would I use to get it 3D

photo-6.jpg
82 REPLIES 82
Erich
Contributor
They offered the AC11 version for free but then started the small charge with the advent of AC12 if I recall correctly.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Dwight
Newcomer
For €30, I'd be learning code.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
could you just refresh my memory on applying a roof ? I have the walls, but when I use the roof tool it always goes below the walls and ' into the ground'. I've changed the ' height from' but it doesn't work.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, and I wold prefer to get a a straight answer on here than the manual.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
could you just refresh my memory on applying a roof ? I have the walls, but when I use the roof tool it always goes below the walls and ' into the ground'. I've changed the ' height from' but it doesn't work.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, and I wold prefer to get a a straight answer on here than the manual.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I use the object, once I've added those lines to the scrips? I only have the preview box and I can't actually use it...

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
upload your object, than we can see what you have got.
(note: zip it first)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well this is all I have managed to do so far... And my Tutor keeps saying to use Sketchup, but that's not what I want to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just download this free object rotator from the object deposit, it may be just what u need right now:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/Archicad%20Modules

It´s free and there is no add on - works really well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lardizabal wrote:
Just download this free object rotator from the object deposit, it may be just what u need right now:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/Archicad%20Modules

It´s free and there is no add on - works really well.
Thanks ! How do I open my object with that open ? Sorry for my non-exsistend understanding.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Load the Rotator.gsm object into your library, then in the parameters field you fill in the "Name of library part to rotate" parameter with the library part name u need to rotate - in your case it would be "Shelter 2" according to the object you uploaded. Copy as many instances you need and change the rotate parameters as you need.