BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Using the 11 migration library in 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having difficulty with a variety of ArchiCAD 11 libraries of doors, windows and curtain walls showing up in 12 after I have installed the "ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library". I have tried nesting it and un-nesting it in the ArchiCAD 12 library folder several ways, but with no success.

i am sure there must be several dialogs on this one, but i am not finding them.

See my snapshot with I how I last them.

Any help would be nice. I need to fix several workstations so we can all work.
13 REPLIES 13
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Your problem shouldn't depend on how you load the Migration Library. The point is that is should be loaded. It can be and should done by linking it in the library manager independently from the AC12 library. You should not embed it in the AC12 library itself as you increase its size in all projects - even if the migration lib is not needed.

Please tell us about the problems you encounter after loading the AC12 and AC11Mig libraries.

Regs,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have tried loading AC 12 and AC migration 11 in different configurations. In the beginning, our default was simply placing the ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library in the ArchiCad 12 folder and selecting it separately in the Library manager, so as a result we had the AC12, ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library, and 3 other libraries (that include CADimage and a couple project specific libraries). That was the first configuration and the one where we first realized that we had a problem.

From there, I experimented with several locations with them all bearing the same result.

By the way, you can see in our screenshot that we placed a folder of "Object Library 9 and 10" objects (older migrations files) in the main "ArchiCAD Library 12" folder. Through using the AC 11, this had always worked for us, so we assume that placing the ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library into a similar location might be the solution. But it was not.

I wanted to add another screen and show the library manager. I will send another post.
Picture 3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the screen shot of the Library manager. this is the configuration we started with.
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I am at it, here is a shot of the library report. You asked what the results were, so I wanted to answer that.
Picture 5.png
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
jim wrote:
While I am at it, here is a shot of the library report. ...
Yes, that's what I was looking for. There are some possible reasons for this...

Three more questions:
- How big is your Migration library?
- Are you sure it is the US Migration lib not the INT?
- Do you see the v11 elements in the window settings dialog after you loaded the migration lib?

Regs,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
Anonymous
Not applicable
Answers:
1. The file "ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library.lcf" is 49.6 MB.
2. Either it came from the AC 12 disk or I downloaded it, but I am finding evidence that it an USA version. see the screen shot below
3. We do not see AC 11 objects shown missing in the report. In fact, we do not see any AC11 objects at all I think. But again, old AC9 and 10 objects do appear. Keep in mind I have those migration libraries loaded.
Picture 8.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just discovered that the problem only happens through Hotlinks. When a hotlink file is opened, the objects are there. Somehow, they come up missing by the host file.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Wow, that explains a lot! Libraries of the module file aren't loaded in the receiving file automatically. You should just load the same libraries there, too.

I hope it solves the problem...

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
Erika Epstein
Booster
Zsolt,
I have been having to spend a lot of time reloading libraries in module files when I choose edit this module in a separate archicad file. Can this be changed?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!