Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Not enough memory to perform the operation (oh yes I do)

Chazz
Enthusiast
Your computer does not have enough memory to perform the operation

This behavior in 13 is killing me.... Projects that worked fine in 12 routinely bomb out with this error in 13. And I suspect that it's specious because 3D views that will not complete from the view map will ultimately publish.

Has anyone noticed a huge and unaccounted for increase in this retched error?

And do I need to mention? The dialog adds insult to injury by helpfully suggesting I run a 64 bit version of the software. I'd love to. As soon as they make one for Mac.

The dialog is frequently followed by this little honey:
Error in analytic Shading method
Error code – 1111 ()

If you project one half of the 3D view and then the other half, it works fine, so again I think this error is specious.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chazz
Well new vocabulary building exercise for me.
spe·cious (spshs)
adj.
1. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument.
2. Deceptively attractive.
lec
ps
13 safely in the box for now.
I'm scarred.
But optimistic for the future:-))
Eduardo Rolon
I was working on a file on my MacPro without problems, after switching to the Macbook Pro for a meeting with the client I got the following error…
Screen shot 2009-10-21 at 4.35.19 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
I would switch to the 64 version of AC but there is no Mac version.

---
BTW the error is given in section and elevations, not in the 3d window or stories.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Chazz
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
I was working on a file on my MacPro without problems, after switching to the Macbook Pro for a meeting with the client I got the following error…
If you are switching to a different size monitor resolution your issue could be this (possibly related) bug:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=156482#156482
Eduardo Rolon
Apparently not the same bug. The problem is not the 3D window or the renderings its elevations and sections. But if I had AC64 for Mac I would not have this problem.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Chazz
Enthusiast
lec1212 wrote:
1. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument. 2. Deceptively attractive.
Happy to be the vocabulary monitor for the day but I think software should not conjure adjectives like fallacious, specious or deceptive.

For us, version 13 has cost a lot in terms of money and time and yet has provided very little improvement in terms workflow (in fact, none whatsoever). Now that's saying something.....

This illustrates nicley our next vocabulary word for today: Boondoggle

Look it up.
Chazz
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
Apparently not the same bug. The problem is not the 3D window or the renderings its elevations and sections. But if I had AC64 for Mac I would not have this problem.
But are you sure that the sect/elev windows are not set to be larger size on the MacPro and then when you go to the MBP they extend beyond the screen? It could be the same bug.

This would be difficult to test. In fact, the only way I can think to test it is to switch machines, exactly as you are doing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
I'm scarred.
Is that scared or scarred? Or both?
Eduardo Rolon
Tried it, no joy, section screen size does not affect it. FWIW I know what is causing the error it is an imported 3ds, if I turn it layer off it works without problems.

I just find it ironic that the solution to the problem as stated by the error message is to use a version that is not available for the Mac.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator