BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

magic mouse!

aahatimo
Newcomer
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/
looks great! will it work w/ ac?
i miss my multitouch pad when using apple ext keyboard, was considering some other input device, this may be it.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous
Not applicable
i order one straight away! - then thought: will it work with AC?? i hope so.

it doesn't seem to have a third button, so may not be able to pan?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone order this and get back to me! I've gone through 3 "Mighty Mouse" because the little scroll ball gets gunk in there and it won't scroll anymore. They are not made to be taken apart, and Apple's cleaning instructions only work for so long. I probably scroll 5 miles a day so that's important for me.

You can scroll with this mouse and I would guess that just clicking, holding and dragging the mouse would make it pan but I'm not sure...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
Someone order this and get back to me! I've gone through 3 "Mighty Mouse" because the little scroll ball gets gunk in there and it won't scroll anymore. ..
have done. yes i've been through 2 mighty mice, they r great (until the wheel breaks!)
aahatimo
Newcomer
ordered mine earlier today.
will see how it works w/ ac sometime next week.
still using my 4+ year old kensington bt pilot mouse, this may replace it.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Stress Co_
Advisor
Steven wrote:
I've gone through 3 "Mighty Mouse" because the little scroll ball gets gunk in there and it won't scroll anymore. They are not made to be taken apart, and Apple's cleaning instructions only work for so long.
As a last resort.... you can disassemble them to clean the track ball. A google search will provide many HOW TO VIDEOS.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
As a last resort.... you can disassemble them to clean the track ball. A google search will provide many HOW TO VIDEOS.
I've seen these and tried it once with no luck...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
I've seen these and tried it once with no luck...
yes it's really difficult getting that bottom ring off!
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

Here are our brief test results using ArchiCAD with Magic Mouse:
As the third button is gone, functions like pan and orbit are difficult to use – mouse gestures do not work with ArchiCAD, and there is no way to “imitate” the third button in the mouse settings. The only (cumbersome) workaround is to assign a custom keyboard shortcut to pan/zoom.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
Hi,

Here are our brief test results using ArchiCAD with Magic Mouse:
As the third button is gone, functions like pan and orbit are difficult to use – mouse gestures do not work with ArchiCAD, and there is no way to “imitate” the third button in the mouse settings. The only (cumbersome) workaround is to assign a custom keyboard shortcut to pan/zoom.
This sounds like a big "NO."

Can't pan? What good is that!
Learn and get certified!