BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how to correctly show an XOX glider

jbArch
Newcomer
I am wondering if there is a way to modify the "W Glider3" window to reflect an actual XOX glider. The window I want is an 8' wide unit, so there would be two operable sashes at ether side, each 2' wide. These slide towards the center where there is a fixed 4' wide unit.

But the WGlider3 part makes each sash the same width.... there must be a toggle I am missing, right?

It's a butt-ugly window if you ask me, but I need it for a model of the existing house.

cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
12 REPLIES 12
jbArch
Newcomer
vfrontiers wrote:
You could do as described here(sashes only), but then change the SUBTYPE to Window Component. Then it will appear in the CUSTOM window menu of say a FIXED WINDOW... There you can use all the trims that are available to the standard Fixed window, but the Sash would appear as XOX.
Duane, cool idea! It is sort of working for me, with a couple of snags. One is that the xox "sash" gets shoved over to the side in 3D view. See attached jpeg. Almost seems like AC is trying to show it 50% open in 3d, but there is no such toggle (I'm using a custom sash on the W Fixed 12 library part).

The other thing is that in plan view it still looks like an ordinary fixed window. I guess I understand this and don't really expect perfection, but if there's a way to make it look right then I'm all ears.

cheers,
JB
glider.jpg
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
jbArch wrote:
"but the window manufacturers seem to think it is the other way around (o = stationary, x=operating)"
Your absolutely right.
Use to Anderson's which are AP,PA A=Active; P=Panel.
And made the wrong general assumption.
Sorry about that!
Learned something here, (as always):-)))
Thanks
lec
Miss the drafting arm, there was something really nice about those days,
when lines and windows stayed where I put them and stuff like that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
JB,

You're almost there!!! Here's what's happening:

When you save the custom sashes, the program is inserting GDL code to move the GDL's origin to the lower-left extreme of the object's 'footprint'.

You'll see some code at the very top of the 3D Script that says "ADD blah, blah, blah". The first value is movement on the 'X' axis. If you set that value to 0 (zero), it should keep the sashes centered on the global origin, and it'll place the sashes centered in the window frame. You'll recognize the number easily, as it'll be half the total width of your sash assembly.

I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do, as I don't have it here to see.

Also, before editing, copy that whole line of code, past it right under itself, 'comment' it out with an exclamation point, and then edit the original line. That way, if you make something go totally FUBAR, you can get the original code back and at least reset to square one!

Hope that helps... BTW, I answered to your issue regarding floor framing display in the "Working in Archicad" section, too.. Saw exactly what you were after, there.

Party on!
Learn and get certified!