BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Any tips on migrating to V13?

Arcadia
Booster
Shortly I will have the option of upgrading to v13 from v12. I have not done this before as I bought into the system on v12. I need to buy upgrades from cadimage for their accessory tools (they say the v12 ones won't work on v13) as well as an upgrade for the 3d edge library (which some Aus users may be familiar with). How will the upgrade affect other 3d objects I have - will they still work? What will happen when I open jobs completed in v12 in regards to objects libraries and v12 cadimage accessories? Will favourites have to be updated? Will I lose any custom materials I have created when i install the upgrade? Any help in this regards would be appreciated as I am a little nervous about the process - I have set things up pretty well for my work flow and i don't want to have to spend time re-organizing things or updating previous job files I need to work on. Thanks.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
20 REPLIES 20
Karl Ottenstein
kombibob wrote:
- sign in to v12 teamwork file with exclusive access and save as .pla archive;
- open .pla archive with v13 and share as teamwork file.
You will want to extract the PLA libraries to disk so that they can be uploaded to the server - and/or do some library management on a solo 13 project created from the 12 PLA first so that your server libraries will make the most sense.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!