Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Using pasted images/figures in the 3D environment

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to include some custom artwork and an image of a fireplace in a 3D rendering with light wave in AC13. Basically, I want to be able to insert a jpg or tif vertically into the 3D environment and then build the appropriate elements around it.

I know there is a figure tool for placing an image in plan, but can't find something equivalent for the 3D environment. Any pointers? THANK!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe you could use a small (appropriate size) thin wall with AC's picture object covering all of it and your image loaded onto it. You will have to put your image in a loaded library to have it available.
You may have to reload your library for it to show up.
I haven't loaded 13 yet. but should be roughly the same as:
Object tool (chair) Object library 12 lcf>12 Funiture12>12 10 00 Art12

Might work?
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was recently asked the same question: "How can I get my image to show in 3D?". I pretty much explained to the best of my knowledge that they have to be shown by using it as a material or part of a model element. The request was to show a .jpg of the floor plan underneath the walls, etc. and I showed them how to size it as a material and show it on top of a slab underneath the walls, etc.

But I do wonder if there is a way to show an imported image independently in 3D view without having to transmit or relay them through elements or objects?
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
Maybe you could use a small (appropriate size) thin wall with AC's picture object covering all of it and your image loaded onto it. You will have to put your image in a loaded library to have it available.
You may have to reload your library for it to show up.
I haven't loaded 13 yet. but should be roughly the same as:
Object tool (chair) Object library 12 lcf>12 Funiture12>12 10 00 Art12

Might work?
lec
That's a great idea, actually. I have been able to create custom wall papers and use them as a material... good move!

In terms of the custom art, I have never been able to get the dialogue to work. It's either the dumb red portrait or nothing.
Karl Ottenstein
Go to the GDL Depository and download the ParaPicture object posted there by Dwight in the 01 General list (scroll to near the bottom of that group):

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?

ksymons19 wrote:
But I do wonder if there is a way to show an imported image independently in 3D view without having to transmit or relay them through elements or objects?
No. Must be applied to an object or element. ParaPicture gives an easy way for the appearance of just the image with no frills.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
moritz391 wrote:
" It's either the dumb red portrait or nothing"
Careful, that's the Hungarian "Gearge Washington" or something like that.
Your key might get disabled:-)
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
moritz391 wrote:
" It's either the dumb red portrait or nothing"
Careful, that's the Hungarian "Gearge Washington" or something like that.
Your key might get disabled:-)
lec
Ha-- looks like a kid in a baseball cap.
Karl Ottenstein
Note: with the portrait or the parapict - the image that you want displayed MUST be loaded with Library Manager. Typically, these images would be placed in your project library (through 12), or embedded library (13).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The ParaPicture Object: It doesn't seem to work in Sketch Rendering Engine; It just shows an empty box; Is there a way to fix it?

BTW this forum Rocks! It is very cool to find other architects enjoy using Archicad.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Since the image is raster, not vector, the sketch render engine cannot process the image. It can only interpolate the vector data. You could render the model in both sketch mode and with lightworks. Screen capture the picture and photoshop it as needed (make B&W etc.) into the render. This would be the only way I know of.

Anyone else?
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center