Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Changing where BIM Libraries are found

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to change the default Library folder in the BIM Server Preferences? I seems to be editable, but I cannot change the text in this field. Also there is not a browse button for this. Is the only way to change this location to re-install the server? Seems like an oversight to me!
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You should be able to change the location on the preferences tab of the BIM Server Manager.

Do you have the rights to make changes here?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think Millard is talking about the field shown in the below image.
Yes, it is not editable, but I don't know why.
BIMServer_DefaultLibraryFolder.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
I cannot help but wonder why Graphisoft did not provide a user control in the dialog for relocating the library, but I found a workaround that saves you from having to reinstall the BS.

Shut down your BS.

Open the file TeamworkServer.config.xml in the folder Applications (or Program Files) > Graphisoft > BIM Server > TeamworkServer > Config

Change the library path as located in the attached screenshot.

Restart your BS.

I tested this by creating the new folder Libraries_test and verifying that when I started the BS, this was the folder used ... and that no libraries were found in that location. I uploaded a library, and it went there.

I then deleted the contents of that folder, and moved all of my old-location library content (being sure to include everything - especially the attachments.db file) into the new folder, and BS and ArchiCAD found everything.

This has not been approved by Graphisoft - but as far as I can tell, it gives you a means of moving your libraries to a different location pretty easily.

Karl
Change lib location.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl. Great workaround!