Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slab types

Anonymous
Not applicable
How about an expansion on the slab tool to include further types (joist slab, waffle slab)?
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Zoltar,
I guess you didn't think much of your idea as you didn't vote in your own poll?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tool "Slab" is suitable for monolithic slabs. In other cases, use of the library parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Valery W

thats true, library parts will work for a ribbed slab, but what library parts would construct a waffle slab?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree that slabs can have an make-over to be building-like.

But ribbed slabs are easily made with beams using complex profiles.
For a waffled floor, make a request on my post for Free custom GDL objects.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29941
Anonymous
Not applicable
zoltar wrote:
@Valery W

thats true, library parts will work for a ribbed slab, but what library parts would construct a waffle slab?
Waffle slabs (in Russian construction terminology - Coffered (Caisson) ceilings) can be done in several ways.
1. Tool "slab" to make a full height ceiling. Caissons do subtraction (SEO). As an operator to use the roof with a slope of 0 degrees and with a changed angle at ends.
2. Tool "slab" to overlap the upper part. Locate the beam in the ribs. You can make the addition (SEO) beams and plates.
3. In the AC13. Tool "slab" to make the upper and lower parts. At the bottom part of the hole cut at the caisson. At the ends of the holes change the angle. Multiply the hole.

However, all these methods are labor intensive, if in future have to change the size of the overlap and the size of the caissons. To reduce the labor intensive, this slab should be a parametric. Since it ArchiCAD is not Revit, then we better use in this case, the library part... or a wish that ArchiCAD was hoisted to the level of Revit, instead wishes to make a little bit here or a little there.
alemanda
Advocate
You can download a free "structural slab accesory" at www.3dsmile.it

http://www.3dsmile.it/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=138&Itemid=73

You must login to download. Unfortunately the accessory is only in Italian but trying it you can understand the power of this accessory ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it