Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Achieving Pigmented concrete finish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Archicad 12 and have a question I wondered if anyone could help me with.

For a current scheme I'm working on, I want to achieve a pigmented concrete colour. I'd basically like to know how to go about this if possible. I presume I'd retain the poured concrete texture and then alter the colour?

Many thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Quick and dirty solution:

Material Settings dialog (Options > Attributes), find the concrete that you want to use, Duplicate it for your new version, couble click the color swatch for Surface color and pick the tint.

Switch from Internal Engine to Lightworks and click the Match with Internal Engine button. (This copies everything, but particularly it copies the Internal Engine surface color to the Lightworks Base Colour). OK out.

Karl
Tint.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much Karl! Works a treat. The only other thing I'd like to do is to apply the tint to the external face of the concrete. Rather like Gigon Guyer did with the signal switching box in Switzerland. The inside is a regular poured concrete colour.

Have attached to this post I think?
andrewzarb
Booster
Are you sure that building is not clad with Cor-Ten steel?
Dwight
Newcomer
Attempting a complex surface like that suggest making gigantic texture image where the variability of the rust/orange and the material pattern are developed in a photo editor.
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!