BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Using the 11 migration library in 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having difficulty with a variety of ArchiCAD 11 libraries of doors, windows and curtain walls showing up in 12 after I have installed the "ArchiCAD 11 Migration Library". I have tried nesting it and un-nesting it in the ArchiCAD 12 library folder several ways, but with no success.

i am sure there must be several dialogs on this one, but i am not finding them.

See my snapshot with I how I last them.

Any help would be nice. I need to fix several workstations so we can all work.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is what it is. Despite referencing the same libraries. The migration 11 libraries will not come through as they should in a host file. So I do not know what to do. I think this is a bug.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Erika wrote:
Zsolt,
I have been having to spend a lot of time reloading libraries in module files when I choose edit this module in a separate archicad file. Can this be changed?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Would you ArchiCAD to store the loaded-library info in MOD files?

Sorry, I don't use hotlinks much - that's where the insecurity comes from.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
jim wrote:
The problem is what it is. Despite referencing the same libraries. The migration 11 libraries will not come through as they should in a host file. So I do not know what to do. I think this is a bug.
I still don't see the situation totally clear. Please report this problem to GS technical support with some example plan files. Based on that, they will tell you whether it can be fixed in ArchiCAD or in your files.

Thanks,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Erika Epstein
Booster
ztaskai wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Would you ArchiCAD to store the loaded-library info in MOD files?

Regards,
Zsolt
Yes, that is it. When you open a mod file by right-clicking and choose 'edit this module in separate archicad file', all the loaded libraries should [ideally] be loaded.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!