BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BimServer & TW 2.0: Where is the main shared file stored ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
One question: Where is the main shared file stored in AC 13? Like in AC 12 shared project, the main shared file is obviously stay there.
I can't find the similar thing in AC 13. Maybe the way it works differently ???
Please advise

Cheers
Thanks

AC 13 (now)
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you can try is to simple copy the backup file from the external place into the Backups folder for your shared Project.
On my machine it is in a place like this:

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\BIM Server\TeamworkServer\Projects\MS Building-TW-52E72E7C-CD4C-4269-90FA-C98DF25C218E\Backups

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\BIM Server\TeamworkServer\Projects is the place defined in the Preferences of the BIM Server. Inder this each Project has its own folder, and the Backups folder within that folder contains the backups made for that Project.

But you would have to try this because I don't know exactly how this works. I mean, I don't know wether the BIM Server also makes some kind of an entry somewehere else too and because of that simply placing a backup into the folder just does not work. You will need to try it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Haneef Tayob
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
What you can try is to simple copy the backup file from the external place into the Backups folder for your shared Project.
From what I can see, you can import/access these backup files files only once you've signed (joined) into the project - It's the roll back option. Haven't yet tried all options, but if you for some reason cannot sign into the project, then these backups might be useless. Files and folder created after renaming or coping don't seem to be accessible.

As I've mentioned on another topic's post, if you create a backup using the BIM Server Manager, you can then import these files at any stage, under any name and on any BIM Server. This option creates a "Teamwork Portable Package" file.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Learn and get certified!