Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can I save Photorendering settings???????

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to save the settings for photorendering so when I finally find exact settings I like I don't have to change them every time. Can I do this??

If not, it is a definite wish...
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Saving favorites has been a long term wish. You cannot save the Photorendering Settings like a favorite and export them to xml files or so. However you can save 3D views and in those the settings are stored. When you do this in the template you have those settings in every new project.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steven wrote:
I would like to save the settings for photorendering so when I finally find exact settings I like I don't have to change them every time. Can I do this??

If not, it is a definite wish...
There is something you can do meanwhile:
Render the Rendering with the settings you like and save it as a View.
When you activate this saved View later the Rendering will be regenerated with the saved settings.
It can also be used to just set those setting in the PhotoRendering Dialog:
activate the View, the 3D is generated, the Rendering starts to become generated. Cancel the Rendering, go to the PhotoRendering Settings Dialog and the settings saved with the View will be in effect.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You do not even have to save a view in the photorendering window, the 3D view will store the settings that are active too.
So set your photorenderingssettings right, save the view into a 3D window and it is stored. This way you do not have to cancel any renderings.
rob2218
Enthusiast
I think the answer they are trying to tell you is "NO"...you cannot save the settings for later use unless you save it to a view.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
alemanda
Advocate
You can save the parameters for the rendering with the sketch engine.
There's a txt file which the preset are stored in. Of course it can be modified (I suppose).
I don't remember the location but trying to find "sketch" I suppose you'll find something in some folder by graphisoft in your computer ...
I don't know about saving the options for a "normal" rendering with the internal engine or lightworks ...
Good luck
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it