Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid Object Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC12 I set up grids on my floor plan, I have building section vehicles that I have set up with a limited distance. Under the Section Selection Settings, Grid Tool, I checked Show Grid Elements and All. When I view my building section, only a couple of grid lines are displayed and others aren't, when in floor plan view several of the gridlines do intersect my section vehicle. Has anyone else experience this with AC12 and grid tool.

I have even checked the individual grid lines by stories and grid elements by name, neither seem to work.

MW XP Professional SP3.0 dell Precision workstation 390

J. Kim Candelario
CRSA, Salt Lake City Utah
(801) 355-5915
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check to make sure your grid lines are perpendicular to your section.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might have mirrored the gridlines in the floorplan. Mirror the ones that are invisible back.
If you have used Marked Distance you can try to uncheck this and see if it makes a difference.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had problems with the Grid Lines displaying in Elevations. Is this by any chance a Teamwork Project?
Anonymous
Not applicable
TeamWork or not, it does not matter, after it is the grid elements are GDL. Try my suggestions and find out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does make a difference. We are experiencing a problem with the grid lines. Only happens in Teamwork (TW 1). If the same file is saved as a PLN it doesn't experience any problem with the grid.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange, then it might be something with workspace or locking. Maybe a combination with the mirroring.
So when you save it as a normal pln you will get the Grid back in the sections. Then when you reshare it, it just disappears?
Try to share it in steps and see when it disappears.

HTH
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Michael wrote:
It does make a difference. We are experiencing a problem with the grid lines. Only happens in Teamwork (TW 1). If the same file is saved as a PLN it doesn't experience any problem with the grid.
Not that it helps, but I've found Grid Elements to be more problematic in TW1 files then PLNs.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to All for your suggestions, the mirrored suggestion was the culprit in which a simple mirror back display properly in section!

Thanks Again !!!

J. Kim Candelario
CRS Associates, SLC UT