BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just can't seem to figure out how to make these stairs look right in AC10. This is the section, they stack in plan. Each flight is a separate stair and I was using the "Complete Stair" object. I can get a stair to look correct for a single floor, but not for both its home story and the floor above. Can anyone suggest settings for the stairs so each floor plan looks right? Besides hand drafting the stairs?

Picture 3.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
First floor looks ok:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Second Floor - the smaller stair should actually be two parts: the upper part of the stair coming up from the first floor, and the lower part of the stair going up to the third floor.

the longer stair looks ok
Anonymous
Not applicable
third floor - should show only top part of stair coming up from second floor, and all of stair going down to intermediate landing.
Erika Epstein
Booster
1. Story display for each stair:
On the Preview and Positioning tab of the Stair Selections Settings box there is a drop-down button where you choose which story(s) the stair should show on; same as for library objects. The bottom stair would want to show on its own story and One Story Up so choose "One Story Up". Set the upper stair appropriately.

2. What to show on these other stories: On the Parameters tab >2D symbol Type>Story Sensitive click On. Now you will have a the "2D above Home Story" tab available.
AC10 stair options.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for replying! I didn't realize that you have more control over the portion of the stair on the floor above than you do for the home story it seems!
Learn and get certified!