BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cut Timber Symbol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have seen in a few Cad Image Objects notably the CT Floor Joists object, that when placing a section through this object the timber members are shown with the correct 'X' symbol representing that it is a cut.

How do you think they would have done this??

I think its great, i have a number of walls, trusses, rafters etc I am creating & adding this little trick would be the icing on the cake.

I assume/ hope they are simple block objects & not 4 prisms or other triangle shapes that you have to create in the custom profile tool to get a similar effect.

hope this makes sense.

Dwayne
7 REPLIES 7
Aussie John
Newcomer
I've used line or poly command (in the 3d script)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Aussie John,
Yeah I have tried both of those methods, the lines appear to be masked by the cut fill. (even when apparently empty)

do you have a real easy example you can show me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I think it is a matter of the drawing order, have you tried generating the top elements (lines) last?

I have succesfully cutted multipart blocks with such method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Juha, Yeah I have tried that, unfortunately all i get is the line poking out through the object. ( i deliberately oversized it in order to see where it is.)

what is the name of the object you created? can i view the script?
Erich
Contributor
Dwayne,

Juha and Aussie John have already given you the answer but here is an example I did in AC 12. I held back the plane from the corners slightly, rather than extending it beyond, to improve the 3D appearance but not so much that a gap would be visible with a reasonable line weight.

By the way you should on the Profile link above and fill in the Signature block with your ArchiCAD version and system OS. Answers to some questions can depend on this information.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,
Thanks allot, that is exactly what i was needing!

I thought I was doing it correctly. obviously not!! must be a typo somewhere!?

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help!!

I did have my profile filled in too! looks like im having one of those days!!
Erich
Contributor
Opps, sorry I missed the AC version there at the end.

Glad it helps though.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!