BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 13 no wanna work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I just received this wonderfully packaged environmentally friendly packaged software called Archicad 13. I open the box and there she was! a beauty! I open her up and remove the DVD place it in my computer and install the software. All is well and I'm chomping at the bit to get it going. After the install I go to the key upgrade site and upgrade my Archicad 12 keys to 13. beautiful it works....I head back to my computer double click on the familiar Archicad 13 icon and......and.......and......I get this nasty error message that says NError! No WIBU-Key driver found. (501) are you kidding me? I say ok lets restart again just in case...and no go.

I then say ok, lets unistall and reinstall...and yes same error pops up. I then say OK, lets try on another computer and the same thing happens.....and just to make sure I installed on a third computer and the same error comes up....

Anyone encounter this? Please help Archicadless in Houston

no wibu.jpg
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I got it working. I simply removed the Wibu key and reinserted it. Rebooted the computer and now it works.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For those who usually leave the key in during installation (of not just this version but previous ones as well) wasn't there a message during the installation process to make sure the WIBU key is NOT connected? I seem to recall that at one time and have since developed that habit of not having the WIBU key connected during installation.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ksymons19 wrote:
For those who usually leave the key in during installation (of not just this version but previous ones as well) wasn't there a message during the installation process to make sure the WIBU key is NOT connected? I seem to recall that at one time and have since developed that habit of not having the WIBU key connected during installation.
I seem to recall from my last AC13 installation that there is indeed such a message.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
We use a network key at our office and have it installed on our server.Typically, I am able to install Archicad on everyone's computer without problems. In this case, I needed to remove and replace the key for some reason. Regardless, it's up and running now. but yes, that message does come up when you install it on a computer that has the key plugged in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We installed AC13 on our network with the network key in-place without problem. After upgrading the key to the AC13 license at the upgrade site, we had to restart the WIBU-KEY Server service via the Contol Panel to get it to recognize the new AC13 licenses. Users on our network may have briefly seen the "Key not found... Searching for key" message after the restart, but the restart only took about 5 seconds and everyone apparently re-established a connection automatically. This was much less inconvenient than physically removing the key or even worse having to restart the entire server computer. We only have a NET5 key to manage though so maybe we were just lucky.

AC 12 & 13 on Windows XP Professional
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tim,

In our office nothing seems to be considered a little inconvenience. Everything turns into a major headache so I typically have to wait till everyone is gone or a at least a good majority is gone before I remove a key or restart the WIBU Key server. We have special needs you see All it takes is one person to get the searching for key message here and all hell breaks loose! You'd think a bomb just went off Just imagine the look on our staffs face when we have a Power Outage I'll get the customary I haven't saved in 3 hours will I lose my work look. or better yet this never happened in AutoCAD look and Archicad sucks look....I should write a book.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes - I have experienced all of the pains you described here in our office as well. I have to tell everyone here that if they get the "searching for key" message, just sit still for about fifteen seconds and try not to panic, there is an excellent chance everything will start working again. It is usually when users panic and start pressing any dialog button they see when things start to get messy.
DaveOlufs
Participant
I'm having a similar problem.

Please note that it does NOT say to take out the WibuKey before loading AC13. It does say to restart the computer and reinstall the WibuKey. Seems as though there should be an earlier note stating "REMOVE the WibuKey before loading the software application." It's not in my instructions.

If this is the case, then do I UNinstall AC13, take the WibuKey out and THEN reINSTALL AC13? Then do restart the computer THEN install the WibuKey? Or do I install the WibuKey, then restart the computer?
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Karl Ottenstein
DaveOlufs wrote:
If this is the case, then do I UNinstall AC13, take the WibuKey out and THEN reINSTALL AC13? Then do restart the computer THEN install the WibuKey? Or do I install the WibuKey, then restart the computer?
On a Mac, that is not necessary. Just restart. Your problem in the other thread, Dave, appears to be that you have not upgraded your keyplug.

On Windows, the key may not be detected and and get the proper driver if the instructions are not followed. AC does not need to be uninstalled, only the WIBU driver. Then install version 5.3 from the DVD, or download it from the GS web site, reboot, then plug in the key.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DaveOlufs
Participant
Thanks... I've now upgraded my hardware key. Just need to read ALL the directions. Thanks again.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Learn and get certified!