BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Unsuccessful Teamwork Operation, Get content failed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I setup an ArchiCAD 13 BIM Server teamwork project yesterday. I had successfully shared 3 project files and had 2 other users in the projects.

Today I get the following 2 error prompts when signing into one of them...
"Unsuccessful Teamwork Operation, Get content failed"
&
"Failed to get project file"

I clicked OK on both of them and then the project unloaded itself.
This happened after much downloading of data and drawing geometry.

I stopped and restarted the BIM Server service, but that did not fix the error. I even rebooted the server machine, that did not help either.

Where should I start to trouble shoot this? Is there a log file somewhere that records teamwork errors? (There was nothing in the Windows Server event log)

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
2 of the 3 project files i mentioned are working fine. So that is a very good thing.

The project that is not working is our layout model and is 183MB in size.

I have found some log files on the BIM server but I don't see anything obvious.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Please try Reload project from Server from the teamwork menu.
If that doesn't help, try to re-share the project.

The last resort is to contact your support. They might ask for some log files, which can be collected via the Create Support package command in the help menu.

Regards,
Gabor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Gabor,

I re-shared the project, with a different name (just to make sure it gets treated as a new and different project) and that worked.

On a side note, there was a conflict for the TCP/IP Port number 10000 on the Window Server on which the BIM Server was running. Backup Exec 12.5 was expecting to use that port, but apparently the BIM Server was using it. Can you confirm this?

This blocked the Backup Exec agent service from running and therefore BE could not backup any files from that machine. I changed a setting in Backup Exec to use a range of ports and then I assigned BE a port number (9900) in the services file See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255174.htm

Everything is running great now.

Thanks,
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
BIM Server ports are listed here, 10000 is not used by default, unless you changed to that manually.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerConfiguration
Anonymous
Not applicable
Skaman40 wrote:
Thanks Gabor,

I re-shared the project, with a different name (just to make sure it gets treated as a new and different project) and that worked.

On a side note, there was a conflict for the TCP/IP Port number 10000 on the Window Server on which the BIM Server was running. Backup Exec 12.5 was expecting to use that port, but apparently the BIM Server was using it. Can you confirm this?

This blocked the Backup Exec agent service from running and therefore BE could not backup any files from that machine. I changed a setting in Backup Exec to use a range of ports and then I assigned BE a port number (9900) in the services file See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255174.htm

Everything is running great now.

Thanks,
Skaman40,

We had the same issue. BIM Server reprorted "Can't create project" and "Fail to get project file".

We tried with "List of obvious work-around options" and a bit luckier than you, we were successful with these steps:
-Delete all local data
-Delete user name from list
-Restart computer
-Join Bim server again (re-type Server name / IP even if it's still on the list)
-Join projects again

Next steps if it doesn't work are:
-re-share projects (your option)
-re-install AC (I did do it once and it fixed issue, but other time I recognized delete local data & restart & re-join always fixed the problem)

Hope this work-around will work everywhere!!!
Learn and get certified!