Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Libraries and objects - why do they get that "DOT"???

rob2218
Enthusiast
here the deal.
i load Archicad 12 from one PC to another one. then when I open up a PLN file...I see these "dots" where the doors/windows/openings/furnitures used to be? How do get back all my doors/windows/openings/furniture without having to click on each one and have to reload them one by one???
see attached screen snap shot??

Missing-library-parts.JPG
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to load that library. We save the library we are using on one specific computer (the server) and everyone pulls off of that library. It may be that when you transferred the file, it's trying to find the library from the other computer and it can't. Go to the library manager and load the appropriate library.

Hope that helps.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Can the Archicad 12 INT be loaded in the same computer as the Archicad 12 US versions??? I think the library problem is the INT (International) version is no longer in the PC from where I inputted the doors/windows/openings/furniture from.....therefore it's not finding it....

any help would greatly be appreciated guys.

thanks.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rob,
rob2218 wrote:
I think the library problem is the INT (International) version is no longer in the PC from where I inputted the doors/windows/openings/furniture from.....therefore it's not finding it....
Try to reload it and see what happens...

HTH.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Are you suggesting trying to reload "Archicad 12 INT" or just the Archicad 12 INT Library? if the later, then how do I only load the INT Library for Archicad 12 without loading/installing Archicad 12 INT??

Can Archicad 12 INT reside on the same pc as Archicad 12 USA???
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I meant just the AC 12 INT library...

Open the library manager, find the AC 12 INT library folder (inside the ArchiCAD 12 INT folder) and reload it on your project.

HTH.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Eureka!!
Braza is the man......

I only installed the Archicad 12 INT Library and it works!
only thing is that now I have 2378 duplicate library parts....

Now, how do I remove the duplicate objects that reside in both the USA version and in the INT version???

thanks
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,

Try to load only the objects that are missing... Its the same procedure you did, but instead of selecting a folder, you simply select the object in the AC 12 INT library.

BTW... I noticed that you don't have a signature in your profile... When you get some time, go to your profile section and create one with your hardware specs and AC version... It helps us help you. 😉
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks.
signature...??? mate, come on.
I'm a 46 year old dog who is experimenting with a computer and the internet let alone trying to come up with a "signature" (whatever that is) for myself.

I grew up on the rotatry phone, and hand drafting on vellum with mechanical pencils...I know not of what you speak of with regards to signature.....sorry.

I'm trying to stay afloat here guys....just trying to keep up with all you youngsters on technology.......that's all.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Rob... Old dogs can learn new tricks. 😉

If you put your hardware specs, operational system (win/mac) and your ArchiCAD version, people here on the forum can identify more easily what your problem might be.

You are in the right direction...
Keep floating... the shore is not too far.