BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wallends, Missing Library Part

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a teamwork file where we are hot-linking a model only file into a documentation and views only file (recommended by our reseller to speed up working times). We are using wall ends for some of our walls and just realized today that they are not coming over to the documentation file from the model file. The library manager says they are a missing library part. My understanding of the wall ends is that they should work like windows and doors, and since we didn't use anything outside of the standard ac 11 library, i don't understand why the would not be in the library for another user?

Thanks for any advice.

PS. OS win xp, ver AC11.01
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you checked that the computer where the wall ends are missing has their library loaded correctly?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the lib is loaded correctly, it is my computer that are not showing the wall ends form my co workers cpu. I can add wall ends so i know they are in my library, i just can't see the ones that are placed by another user.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you using the same library version as the others?
Is this an old file i.e one that has been started in another version?
If so, do you have the migration library loaded for that version?

Have you tried selecting all the missing wall ends, open their settings box, change one parameter and then change it back? You may have to close out of the settings box and so the change takes effect and then opening the settings box again and changing it back?

You can create a favorite for the wall end in case of future problems.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same Library, file was started in 11 and is being used in 11, and i can't make any changes to the objects because they are being hotlinked into the model. However, signed into the model file and did what you said and loaded the missing elements with my library and they now show up on both of our drawing files. I'm not 100% how or why this worked but it is working
Thanks for your help Erika
Learn and get certified!