Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

objects freaking out

Anonymous
Not applicable
a bunch of objects in my model are shooting off these bits into infinity. I delete them and then undo and it's gone but then another object has the same problem. These are all AC10 included objects that I haven't modified besides resizing in plan. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch

tony

Picture 1.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
i had that problem once on my mac.

It's to do with the graphics card i think. Shut it down, let it cool down & your problem will be solved 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, but it doesn't seem like much of a real solution....nothing with the gdl of the objects or anything?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so it didn't fix the problem?
It fixed it when it happened to me, basically it was nothing to do with AC & GDL.

However if your still getting the problem then that is really weird & i'm not sure what would fix that.
Barry Kelly
sanderarchitects wrote:
thanks, but it doesn't seem like much of a real solution....nothing with the gdl of the objects or anything?
If it was a GDL problem then you would see it in elevation and with the internal engine as well as OpenGL.
Looks like an OpenGL problem to me.
Do you have the latest video card drivers?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I used to get this same effect in the past, but haven't seen it in AC12 and don't remember seeing it in AC11.

It's a graphical artifact in OpenGL and if I recall correctly, one thing I found to be a possible cause was the location of the model in relation to the 0,0 origin. We had a project that had the error quite often and for whatever reason had been built a few hundred thousand feet from the origin. Moving it closer to the center appeared to fix it.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
shoot we are pretty close to the origin, anyone else have any ideas how to fix these glitches? it's going craza
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have had this exact issue, but it's been a while,10,11?, can't remember.
I'm no expert, but what I think others are leading to is graphics card.
One of mine suffered a long slow decline before it became obvious.
Caused weird intermittent issues.
Have you tried new graphics card?
That's a pretty cheap diagnostic test.
No where near a million bucks:-)
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks lec,

I found other people having heat issues with this card, I'll be getting a new one asap. Thanks a lot

tony
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome Tony.
Hope new card does it.
(keep the receipt!):-)
lec