BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid tool still broken after all these years

Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevations refresh with grid tool markers in the wrong location. Also, you can not edit the markers after they have been placed. IE turn off a bubble at one end in plan or elevation. Or just move a grid line and it remains in its previous position in the elevations. Only deleting and re-drawing the gridline again will regenerate ONCE in the elevation again.

I really can't believe Graphisoft still gets away with leaving this stuff like this half way functional when releasing a new version of ArchiCAD. Very frustrating.
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
You have jumped onto one of my pet subjects. New features are a waste of time if only half baked. Worse if they are not put back in the oven.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly, in Elev and Section you can edit the height of the bubbles and the end point, to move a grid so that it updates correctly you should do it in floor plan.

BTW this is a workaround I am not defending GS on this issue.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, when I look at my plan, the grid lines are correctly located. When I look at my sections, they are about 20' away from the building. Rebuilding doesn't help. Only deleting and redrawing them. Weird.
Dwight
Newcomer
I met my old employer
In the studio last night
She seemed so glad to see me
I just smiled
And we talked about some old times
And we drew ourselves some grids
Still broken after all these years
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable