BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keeping Groups on/off?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is driving me nuts: when I toggle groups off, they always seem to come back on... many times I want to suspend groups for a series of operations, but they always want to come back on after 1 or 2. Is there a setting in the preferences to keep "suspend groups" active until I de-activate it??
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Check your shortcuts you could be activating it by mistake. In Mac the Command and Option keys are together.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, here's an example operation, and what AC does:

suspend groups (opt-G)
select line
split (S)
<archicad un-suspends groups>
opt-G (to re-suspend)
delete trimmed part of line/wall

to be sure, this is just an example (not how I typically trim a wall), but it happens all the time... really annoying. it seems like the second the command is completed, it un-suspends
Eduardo Rolon
I think that what you want to disable is Autogroup.
I can not duplicate your error with the procedure you describe, it does not cause AC to autogroup again.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, the thing is, I haven't got autogroup on!

another annoying moment is when I have suspended groups, do a bunch of work, and need to undo a command... I work quickly so it happens all the time, and no matter how long previously I suspended the groups an Undo un-suspends. Argh!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was experiencing a similar problem. It's wasn't anything I was doing, autogroup etc... the software was clearly not functioning as intended.

Ultimately, I reinstalled ArchiCAD and the problem was resolved.

It might also be note worthy that I reinstalled ArchiCAD on top of a fresh OS install, which I wiped for unrelated reasons.

Good Luck - you don't have to live like that
Learn and get certified!