BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

TW2 failure

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have several projects running smoothly with the new TW2. But recently, one user has had problems where he was working fine in TW2 on his project with others working in it as well. He tried to send and receive and got an error message saying a "serious error occurred" and he must work from an Autosaved version of his project. He has only the option to load the Autsoaved document from the dialog.

Once the Autosaved doc is loaded, is asks for him to receive changes or do it later. Receiving fails and the previous dialog instructing to open the Autosave file pops up again. This puts the user in an endless loop trying to recover his work and maintain a role in the project.

We were left with the choice of saving his work out as a pln to copy / paste back into the project again. It seemed to only be his user account that is causing the problem. Indicating he has a problem with the account or the computer he is working on.

My first attempt to solve the problem was to kick everyone out and save the project as a PLN and re-share it. All users were working fine again for 1/2 a day but eventually, the same user was plagued with the same problem again. Strike one.

This time, I have recommended he log in with a different TM2 account to see if he might have a corrupt user account some how.

Should that fail, I will recommend that he try a different machine and possible re-install ArchiCAD on the machine he is experiencing the problems on.

Has anyone else had this happen? We are on a 100% Mac network running OSX 10.5.8
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
I don't know if this has any bearing, but it might be helpful if the team member can remember what he was working on just before he got the error.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had the exact same experience with 2 different users at different times (out of 18 users total). Finally getting to the same endless loop that you are describing. We are also on a 100% Mac network w/ OSX 10.5.8.

I haven't posted the issue or worked to figure out why it happened because it only happened 2 times and has not happened since.

BTW, my first thought was to ask the question that Erika has, but they were working on different portions of the building on different things, so I saw no connection (not that there wasn't one there).

I'm interested to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.
kevin b
Contributor
We have been getting the same error and other similar (see attached), mostly from one person's machine, but not exclusively. It seems to occur when she is interacting with hotlinked module files, either updating zone and/or interior elevations that may be trying to get some info from the module or most recently when making changes to and then updating the module.
HAM error 120109.jpg
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible the problem is fixed in the latest HOTFIX we installed yesterday. We'll see if it comes back to haunt us. We found that the problem plagued one user and when we deleted his user ID and created a new one, the problem did not reoccur. But with is old account, it happened at least once a day.

I don't believe the project he worked on had any modules in the project, but I do recall they were working on some interior elevations.
kevin b
Contributor
We also tried the delete the user(s) and created new but it came back. And it has occurred since the hotfix update yesterday.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great! Well, we'll keep an eye out for it here and post here if it comes up again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We just had the same issue here - Win XP / MS Win Server 2003 Environment.

I also vaped the user account and forced him to rejoin the project.
Learn and get certified!