BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Oh no! Archicad won't open for me and I am desperate to...

Anonymous
Not applicable
finish a project.

I have no idea what I have done now. I don't think anything.

I open the programme (Arch 12) and the first screen (with the black building) opens up and then it just sits there. There is a little flickering in the screen so obviously its thinking about something but its been 'thinking' for 30 mins now with the loading symbol still floating.

I have rebooted a couple of times but still nothing.

It has been reallt slow all day and the last thing that happened a few hours ago was that everytime I highlighted something in 3d view, I couldn't unhighlight it. Obviously some weird button I've pressed. Anyway, I shut it down without saving it (thinking I didn't want to save whatever code I've told it to do). But I haven't been able to open it since.

Any ideas for things to try?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This might not be AC.
First thing for this kind of help would be to create a complete machine, video card, OS & version etc specs as you can in your profile so someone can offer more more targeted suggestions.
Besides being slow how does your machine in general and other programs behave today and right now?
Have you had any funny "flickering" happen even a little bit before?
Is it a laptop? If so, did it get hot?
lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think what happens is that there is the grey message box that also comes up that tells you that you have this an that licence etc.
But somehow it got behind the splash screen (the black building picture).
You can click around or on that splash screen and it should make the licence screen go away, and AC will start.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!