BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What does this WARNING mean and how to fix it:

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have had to reinstall Archicad after the program had a melt down today.

But when I opened my file I had this message when I went to view 3D: "WARNING! Wrong Edge List Direction in pgon 211." And gives me the option of STOP or CONTINUE.

If I hit continue then my system stalls and if I hit stop then it brings me to a 3D screen that is missing LOADS of my wall elements. The weird thing is that some of the identical walls are still there. You'd think if one had a problem, then they would ALL have a problem given they were created by multiple copying.

Clearly one polygon somewhere along the line has caused my file to have kittens but how do I find which one it is??

Hopefully someone is awake to help me. TIA.
20 REPLIES 20
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When the error message comes up, doesn't it give an ID?
Such as Wall-001 or something.
Because that is the ID of the problematic element. You can go back to the Floor Plan and use Find & Select to find that Wall, possibly delete it and redo it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always approach this with the filters in 3D perspective.
In the filters I only turn on one element type and then go to 3D. When the error occurs, I hit stop instead of continu. Then I set the story filter and try out every story. This way you can isolate the element.

BTW a reinstall rarely solves any problem with AC, so only do this as a last resort.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lasz - no ID with the warning. Just "pgon211" which means little.
Anonymous
Not applicable
masterscript - I'll try and follow your instructions and see what I can find. the problem is that so MANY of the same elements are missing. Such as 80% of my walls and all my slabs. Plus bits and pieces.

The weird thing is that, those elements show up on plan. Just not in 3D. (and yes, all my layers are on).

But if anyone else has any other ideas, please share.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since you have only one report about the pgon, it means only one element is corrupted. It will cause your entire 3D model show incorrect.
Anonymous
Not applicable
masterscript - great advice. After using the filter, I have somewhat isolated where the error is - its on the ground floor and its an object. Problem is which object?

Also, if its an object, then why have my walls disappeared?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're quick - you answered my question before I'd even posted it!

Still - any way of isolating which object?
Wokka
Contributor
If you know it's an object, continue with the filtering. Such as by layer, storey, colour, etc etc selecting only objects
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Wokka. How can I filter further? I've already done it by story and all the objects are on the same layer.

I have tried filtering by marqee area but this hasn't worked - it still gives me the warning message even tho there are no objects withing that marquee. If that makes sense.
Learn and get certified!