Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Text in modules gets displaced.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone encountered this glitch, whereby text in a module gets displaced?

The situation can be fixed by deleting the module and re-inserting it. But it's not a permanent fix. Next time I open the drawing, the text in some of the instances of the module, but not all, has moved again.

I have to keep remembering to check all the modules before publishing.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Take a look at the text's anchor point. Is this happening in rotated or mirror placed modules?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika. This might be the problem, because yes, modules are mirrored, and on checking I found the text anchor point is to the left. although I had taken the precaution of turning off 'text wrapping'.

I'm a little sceptical at this point, because the extent of displacement is much more than the width of the textbox.

Will check it again on Monday, and let you know if this fixes the problem.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can create a Text Block by either double-clicking or by drawing a rectangle. In the latter case the width of the Text Block will be set to the size you specified even thought it may be larger than the actual Text in it. You have to select the Text Block and turn off Text Wrap in that case.
Erika is right, you should also make sure the the Anchor of the Text Block is set to the middle in this scenario.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27