Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

BOUNDARY OUTLINE

Anonymous
Not applicable
HOW DOES THE "BOUNDARY OUTLINE" SETTING WORK UNDER: ELEVATION SETTINGS>MODEL DISPLAY>BOUNDARY CONTOURS?

I HAVE ENABLED IT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS? GREAT CONCEPT ESPECIALLY REGARDING WALLS AND WINDOWS BUT IT DOESN'T WORK AS FAR AS I CAN TELL
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
No need to shout.

If the section/elevation marker does not extend the full width of all the elements shown, it is asking you how you want to display the cut edge of that element.

From the Help Menu:
Boundary Contours
“Boundary Contours” refer to elements shown in the Section, Elevation or Interior Elevation window which extend beyond the horizontal limits of the Section (in other words, the entire element does not “fit” in the section window).
Use Boundary Contours in the Section Model Display Panel to define the display of this boundary.
Here, the left edge of the wall on the left does not fall within the section, and the displayed parts are shown as unfinished, without contours.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It works but e.g. the width of your Elevation Line must be less than the width of the Elevation of that part of the building. So part of the building does not fit into the Elevation horizontally. This is a prerequisite for the option to have a visible effect.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, i understand now. It wasn't doing what i wanted it to do because its not design for that. cheers