BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Adding Views

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just started using a template which works well for 95% of our projects. Occasionally I would like to add a view, for instance add a site demo plan to the preset site plan folder. We seem to be locked out of adding views in this template and I understand the justification for that strategy, but in that 5% of projects where a specific view is needed I cannot figure out how to do it.

In the image attached here, for instance, how do I add a view called Mezanine Demo Plan to the folder called A2 Demo Plans?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sounds like you are in TW. You need to have the authority to add the new view.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
we are in teamwork and I've tried adding views as a team member, team leader with exclusive access and as the admin and none of these seem to work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like your template is using Clone Folders in the View sets (the icon looks like the stories icon instead of a plain folder). So you can't create new views in those folders unless you create a new story (then the view will be automatically created in every applicable clone folder). Same goes for clones of Elevations/Sections/Details - they use the settings of the clone.

You need to either make a new clone folder or create a one off view at another level of your view hierarchy.

Hope that makes sense.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats it. the clone thing, and that kind of screws me up, but that at least is the answer. Thanks Alex and Erica

Thanks.
Learn and get certified!