Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating Objects with Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone help me with creating custom 3d Objects for Log Homes.
I need to create a purlin for a house that I am drawing. The type of purlin that I am talking about is 10" dia. round with flat top. I have been an autocad user for 15 years and my company is now wanting us to switch over to archicad with Archilog addon. We currently have Archicad realese
13. Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Travis L
Katahdin Cedar Log Homes
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
I am not that experience with the logs, but I did not see a way to cut just the top of a single beam. You could create a custom profile and apply it to a wall or beam.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dwight
Newcomer
Purlins being intermediate beams running the length of a roof frame. Purlins need to be flattened to transfer loads from the actual roof.

I wouldn't be making just one purlin, but making an entire purlin array using the complex profile to create an extrusion fill. You'd use this fill as a wall, so it would turn corners - at roof valleys, for instance.

See : complex profile essential learning

I see that you are new, but the idea of ganging up elements is important to productivity. You'd make a purlin set for each roof slope and span. The more you can do with the complex profile, the better.
purlin array.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I will try to due this. Does anyone know where I can find some libraries for interior doors , say like 6 panel Pine door.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Dwight
Newcomer
You are going to delve into the parametric options that almost all objects possess.

For instance, D1 Entrance Door has numerous options built in that will probably serve your needs.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Excuse me - you wanted INTERIOR options.....
Dwight Atkinson