BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof construction, can be cut with cut floor plane?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created roof in a shape of a pyramid. Then with Roof maker, i have created a wood construction on it, with rafters, trimers and so on.

The problem is, that this roof construction can be seen as a whole object, not cutted by the cut plane. The roof slab it self is cutted, but the construction is not. Why is this happening?

My cut plane is set to default 110 cm.
13 REPLIES 13
Erika Epstein
Booster
I don't think there is an easy answer.
Another thought is to replace the purlins with a roof element that will display as you want.
You could try to run a second roof framing add-on and customize what is created. Instead of generating the purlins with the initial roof framing add-on, opt to not have them. Then in the second round simulate the purlins but using a different element; one that will display as you wish.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for all the help Erika, but it i haven`t understood your last answer. I am an archicad begginer, and that seems to be to complicated for me.
Another thought is to replace the purlins with a roof element that will display as you want
i don`t understand. Wich roof elements? I have created my purlins using a RoofMaker, and by that all purlins should be FPCP sensitive, right? Why do i need a new ones?

i haven`t understood this part also:
You could try to run a second roof framing add-on and customize what is created. Instead of generating the purlins with the initial roof framing add-on, opt to not have them. Then in the second round simulate the purlins but using a different element; one that will display as you wish.
I am apologizing for disturbance, i can see that you are trying to help me, but it seems that i am not quite understanding it.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Nothing to be sorry about, I will attempt to clarify what I said.

I was suggesting that you replace the purlins with an object that can be set to 0° and has the display option you want. Unfortunately when I try this with any of the other roof elements that you can set its slope to 0°, the object gets an error.

I think you would be better off creating a layer and manually changing the layer of the purlins you do not want to see on this hidden in plan view layer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
now i understand. Thanks Erika, i own you one.

I hope i will have a chanse to thank you some day.
Learn and get certified!