Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Libraries and custom picture

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. How do I add new librairies, and where can i find them?

2. And how do i add a custom picture? I know where to change it in Archi (as to where I'm supposed to write the name of the picture). But where do i save it in the ArchiCad12 folder?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
1 A normal library (like the international library) contains mostly a lcf-file (Library Container File) and folders with textures, databases etcetera. You just load the entire folder in the library manager (for instance ArchiCAD Library 12 in the Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 12 folder).

When you are looking for extra libraries, you can buy them and load them with the library manager. Also you can load single objects (gsm-files). A lcf is nothing more than a collection of gsm-files. These single gsm-files are widely available on the web, for instance the object depository.

2 Image files you can load similarly as single gsm-files.

Preferably you create a single folder with you project (a project library) and there you place all your images, downloaded objects and self-created objects. So you can load just this folder and have them all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you:) Managed to get the picture up!

But..

When i download gsm-files (for example one of theese; http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php)

how do i proceed from there? Do I extract the file? And if so, in which folder? And when ive extracted the file, do I reload the entire library in archicad? or do I load the single object/objects that i just installed?

/anja
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi AnjaH,

You need to extract the gsm file from the zip and place it in a folder some where on your harddrive (or any shared drive). Go back into ArchiCAD, open up the library manager (File>Libraries & Objects>Library Manager) and add this folder, then press 'Done' when your finished. The new object will be available for use with the object tool.

You can use this folder to store all your downloaded library parts and custom images. If you add any more objects to the folder while ArchiCAD is still open, just go back into the library manager and press reload.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi AnjaH,

you can find manufacturer's libraries (buildings or furniture) browsing this site:

http://www.archicad.lap.hu

cheers,
Anonymous
Not applicable
guys thanks alot
i had same question as anjah
got it