BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Cary wrote:
is there any hope of getting the Modular Joinery object if you don't live in the UK? ...
If you read back in this thread, you'll find you should contact your local distributor to get it from GS UK. THey have all the rights to it, and they supply other distributors.
I did contact my reseller very early in this thread....quite a while back...with zero result. Since this thread got revived for whatever reason I thought i'd take a chance and ask if somebody might have heard something.

cheers
Thomas Holm
Booster
Cary wrote:
I did contact my reseller very early in this thread...
Try to bypass your reseller, if he's forgotten what customer service is, and talk directly to the distributor GSUS. Or try another reseller. If you have a subscription, there should be no doubt that you should have it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Cary wrote:
I did contact my reseller very early in this thread...
Try to bypass your reseller, if he's forgotten what customer service is, and talk directly to the distributor GSUS. Or try another reseller. If you have a subscription, there should be no doubt that you should have it.
It looks like we are trying to get something illicit... like marijuana or crack...
Surreal...
Thomas Holm
Booster
Braza wrote:
...It looks like we are trying to get something illicit... like marijuana or crack...
Surreal...
Agreed. Surreal.

I'm still amazed at the brilliance of this ModularJoineryObject. I'm using it wherever possible, and it makes my Archicad life easier.

I'm also still amazed at GSHQ's refusal to swallow their pride and admit that someone outside can do something so good. I'm convinced it would sell an additional license or two - or a hundred - if they were to promote it instead of whatever they do now. It should be distributed world-wide to all resellers for distribution among Archicad users on subscription, just like GSUK does.

To those using it, please note that version V1.1 of May 2009 is the current one AFAIK. It fixes (or rather works around) an Archicad irregularity when used with complex profiled walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI: I called my local re-seller and requested this tool. I had the .zip file in my in-box within a week.

This is available for North America.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the MJO and was spitting excitement to try it out. Then, I opened the window preference box and couldn't figure it out, it all looks greek to me (sorry to anyone from Greece...).

I just want a damn double hung mulled window!!!

damn!

I love the censoring...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your right Steve.
The auto censoring is great!
Well, sort of.

lec
Dwight
Newcomer
That isn't a fair contest since anyone receiving Archicad TALK through an RSS feed sees uncensored postings, so you can't rely on the censoring engine to convey innuendo.
Dwight Atkinson
Barry Kelly
Now who is in trouble - Lec or Dwight

Personally I don't give a [censored].
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well Barry since I don't have RSS feed,(or knew about it),