Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

window & door infill

KeesW
Advocate
Has anyone written a routine or object for replacing a door or window with an infill to match the wall? If the infill could be shaded distintinctively it would be extremely useful in alteration drawings to show patched walls in elevation.

I can see how it could be done but don't think that my GDL skills are up to it.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kees,

I agree that project alteration capabilities are urgently needed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an AC14 feature like this... As there is some speculation about it...

But... It would be quite easy to script a generic window that would call another window (saved as an object), change it to wired lines in 3d, and "remove" the wallhole...

I'll put it in my future GDL projects list.
Barry Kelly
KeesW wrote:
Has anyone written a routine or object for replacing a door or window with an infill to match the wall? If the infill could be shaded distintinctively it would be extremely useful in alteration drawings to show patched walls in elevation.

I can see how it could be done but don't think that my GDL skills are up to it.
Isn't that just a wall niche without the niche?
From memory that object adds back fills to match the wall - I guess that could be over-ridden to use a different fill - may already be a parameter for it.
You could try making the niche a zero depth or just edit it out of the script.

Actually I don't think the new wallniche object will be anygood because that simply cuts out a partial hole and doesn't need to fill in the wall that is removed.
back in about version 8.1 before the wallniche command the old walniche object used to be a wallhole and then the hole was filled with matching wall fills (or contrasting fills as i think the user could choose the fill they wanted).

Do you have access to an old wallniche object?
Also the window sill from the old Aus Essential library used to create sill bricks that matched the wall skins as well.
I'm not sure if the new sill still works the same as we don't use it but I assume it would.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11